Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introit; or, Why I Am Bothering To Blog

It is a truth universally acknowledged that people with nothing better to say will start with a Jane Austen allusion.

Now that's out of the way, we can begin.

I've chosen anonymity here for reasons both good and bad. I am a woman. I am also trans, recently post-op. I am a feminist. I am (or was) both a writer and a blogger.

The crucible of my transition has left me...well, transformed, yes, obviously; but profoundly shaken. I have emerged from it more committed than ever to feminism, more implacably opposed to privilege in all its forms (including my own) than ever, and filled with an insane amount of free-floating outrage.

So I'll take it out on you, Dear Reader. Why? Because I'm on the internet, silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment